Have you suffered an injury as a result of transvaginal mesh implant surgery?
Transvaginal mesh implants are net-like implants used to treat pelvic organ prolapse and incontinence after childbirth in women. The mesh, usually made from synthetic polypropylene, is permanently implanted to reinforce the weakened vaginal wall or support the urethra or bladder neck. During the procedure, doctors surgically place the mesh through the vagina or the abdomen.
It has recently come to light that both the product design of transvaginal implants and the implantation technique have contributed to serious, often life-changing complications for patients who have received the implants. Despite thousands of reports of issues, most companies never recalled the devices.
Watch the video below for further details about transvaginal mesh implants, including potential issues with this form of surgery.
The main complications that patients have experienced include:
- Mesh erosion
- Severe abdominal and pelvic pain
- Internal cutting of the implant
- No improvement in symptoms
- Organ perforation
- Implantation of a faulty product
- Nerve damage
- Vaginal scarring
- Life-changing symptoms due to the surgery (such as inability to walk due to pain)
- Difficult sexual relations as a result of any of the above
Please note: You may also have a case for making a transvaginal mesh implant claim if any of the following apply to you:
- You feel you didn’t receive enough information about the risks of the implant prior to surgery
- You were unaware that the implant would be permanent
- You were not offered a consultation prior to the procedure, or were not given enough time prior to the procedure to consider the pros and cons
- You were disappointed with the standard of surgery you received
- You sought health care on one or multiple occasions after your surgery, as a result of the implant, and were not dealt with appropriately
- Your subsequent complaints were ignored by healthcare staff
- You have had to have revision surgery to repair the damage caused by your mesh implant
- You were not offered any other alternatives to transvaginal mesh implants prior to surgery, such as pessaries, surgery without mesh, or pelvic floor therapy
So far more than 800 UK women have begun the process of taking legal action against the NHS and the makers of transvaginal mesh implants – do you believe you should rightfully join them? If your mesh implant surgery has left you in debilitating and often permanent pain, we can help.
We understand that this can be a difficult and distressing time. If you suffered as a result of a transvaginal mesh implant, making a claim for compensation may be the last thing you want to think about, but we would urge you to get the ball rolling and establish if you are eligible for compensation as soon as possible.
Claims can take considerable time to conclude, and in the meantime, your finances could be severely stretched. We deal with most cases on a ‘No win, No fee’ basis, leaving you to focus on your recovery, rather than worrying about legal costs.
Attwood Solicitors will work hard to ensure a fast resolution for your case, without adding further hassle or stress to your life. Leading solicitors, Georgina Brayford and Ekaterina Zelanova, have extensive and successful experience fighting Medical Negligence Claims. Contact them today for a free consultation, expert advice, and support with your claim.
Determining liability is the first step in a Personal Injury case, and evidence will be required to prove that a third party was responsible for any injury or illness for which you are seeking compensation.
If you are unsure who is liable, or you are struggling to collect evidence, but still believe that you deserve compensation for your injuries, get in touch with our team immediately. We may be able to help build your case by talking with witnesses, experts, or other stakeholders to establish the facts.
When you are suffering from the consequences of surgery, it’s understandable that your main objective will be to recover from your experience and put it behind you. Claiming compensation is often a good way of doing this, as it not only provides financial support at a time you need it the most, but should also help you feel that justice has been served.
We work tirelessly to ensure that each client is awarded the maximum compensation possible for their case. If you are successful in your claim, you may be awarded compensation for one or more of the following:
- The injury sustained, including physical and mental damage. Compensation is awarded based on pain, suffering, and inability to resume ‘normal’ life.
- Financial losses, including loss of earnings since the accident. Loss of potential future earnings may also be considered.
- Out-of-pocket expenses including remedial surgery costs and travel to medical appointments. (Please note: It’s important to keep any receipts for out-of-pocket expenses so that they can be included in any claim).
Our experience and expertise in Personal Injury cases will help you to secure the compensation you deserve.
If you have sustained a personal injury, seeking compensation may be the last thing on your mind, but it’s important to be aware that there are time limits for taking legal action. Don’t worry, we understand that it may be difficult for you to talk about what has happened, but please rest-assured that our sympathetic team is here to support you, and will make the process as simple and straightforward as possible.
We will take some basic details and information about what has happened, before introducing you to a carefully selected solicitor who specialises in your type of claim. They will then guide you through the rest of the process.
We deal with most cases under a Conditional Fee Agreement, also known as ‘No win, No fee’. This means:
- No upfront payments
- Nothing to pay if your claim does not succeed
- No risk
- Lack of funds will not prohibit you from making a claim
There are many companies offering support for Personal Injury claims, but before you decide which one you trust to secure the best outcome for your case, here are some things you that you should know about Attwood Solicitors:
- We are Personal Injury Specialists – that means we focus solely on ONE area of specialism, rather than trying to be a Jack of All Trades. As such, our expertise is unrivalled.
- We are committed to processing your claim to the best of our ability, ensuring the best outcome for you, in the least stressful way possible.
- We have a huge depth of experience and wide-ranging case history, which means that we can offer the best legal knowledge to support your claim.
- We have a proven track record of successful claims and are proud of our reputation as leaders in our field.
- We believe you have suffered enough already, and therefore undertake all Personal Injury Claims on a No Win, No Fee basis.
- We believe you should have your own appointed Legal Expert to ensure continuity of care and tailored support.
- We offer a sympathetic and supportive approach, understanding that you have been through, and are still going through, a difficult time.
- We believe that open and honest communication is the key to a successful client relationship, and will keep you informed throughout, with clear and precise information.
- We offer a free initial consultation where we will be honest with you about the likely success of your claim.
- Our integrity is paramount, and we therefore offer our expertise in a caring and considerate way, where all decisions are made in the best interests of the client.
- We will guide you and fight your corner for you, making the process as stress-free as possible.
To discover what our clients think about our service, read our client testimonials.