Have you suffered financial loss due to the Spanish property market crash?
In 2008, thousands of Brits lost their entire Spanish property deposits, as a result of the Spanish financial crash, with no hope of being able to get them back. Many people had spent thousands of pounds on a property that was never built, and never became theirs.
If you lost thousands on a deposit for a Spanish property which was not returned to you when the Spanish property market crashed in 2008, you may now be able to get this deposit returned to you, with the help of Attwood Solicitors.
How Has the Law Changed?
Martinsa-Fadesa, based in Madrid, was one of the primary construction firms implicated when the Spanish property market crashed. Thousands of Brits were customers of the firm and the pre-2007 merger real estate firms,Promociones y Urbanizaciones Martin S A. and FadesaInmobiliaria S.A.
For a long time, it seemed that nothing could be done to retrieve the lost money, despite the injustice of the situation. However, a Spanish Supreme Court ruling in December 2015 decided that banks should be held jointly responsible, along with developers, for the lost funds. This offered fresh hope for those seeking a return, with the added bonus that the funds should also have accrued interest.
If you lost a deposit on a Spanish property due to the financial crash, your deposit should have been protected within a specified account, with guarantees. The bank where the monies were deposited by MartinsaFadesa has been declared responsible for returning deposits, in addition to the developer where the developer failed to comply with its legal obligations to provide a separate bank account and guarantees.
Deadline for claiming lost property deposits
As the right to recover the deposits placed on property in Spain is now solid, financial institutions are obligated to reimburse the deposit plus legal interest. This means that if you lost your Spanish property deposit in 2007 or 2008, and meet the legal requirements to make a claim, you have a good chance of successfully obtaining compensation.
We understand that this can be a difficult and distressing time. If you have been injured in a road traffic accident, making a claim for compensation may be the last thing you want to think about, but we would urge you to get the ball rolling and establish if you are eligible for compensation as soon as possible.
Claims can take considerable time to conclude, and in the meantime, your finances could be severely stretched. We deal with most cases on a ‘No win, No fee’basis, leaving you to focus on your recovery, rather than worrying about legal costs.
Attwood Solicitors will work hard to ensure a fast resolution for your case, without adding further hassle or stress to your life. Contact us today for a free consultation, expert advice, and support with your claim.
Determining liability is the first step in a Personal Injury case, and evidence will be required to prove that a third party was responsible for any injury or illness for which you are seeking compensation.
If you are unsure who is liable, or you are struggling to collect evidence, but still believe that you deserve compensation for your injuries, get in touch with our team immediately. We may be able to help build your case by talking with witnesses, experts, or other stakeholders to establish the facts.
After you’ve been involved in a Road Traffic Accident, it’s understandable that your main objective will be to recover from your experience and put it behind you. Claiming compensation for your accident is often a good way of doing this, as it not only provides financial support at a time when you need it the most, but should also help you feel that justice has been served.
We work tirelessly to ensure that each client is awarded the maximum compensation possible for their case. If you are successful in your claim, you may be awarded compensation for one or more of the following:
- The injury sustained, including physical and mental damage. Compensation is awarded based on pain, suffering, and inability to resume ‘normal’ life.
- Financial losses, including loss of earnings since the accident. Loss of potential future earnings may also be considered.
- Out-of-pocket expenses including care costs, medical costs, travel to medical appointments and home help. (Please note: It’s important to keep any receipts for out-of-pocket expenses so that they can be included in any claim).
- Future needs – It may be necessary to make adjustments in the future, such as adaptations at home, which may also be claimed for.
Our experience and expertise in Personal Injury cases will help you to secure the compensation you deserve.
If you have sustained a personal injury, seeking compensation may be the last thing on your mind, but it’s important to be aware that there are time limits for taking legal action. Don’t worry, we understand that it may be difficult for you to talk about what has happened, but please rest-assured that our sympathetic team is here to support you, and will make the process as simple and straightforward as possible.
We will take some basic details and information about what has happened, before introducing you to a carefully selected solicitor who specialises in your type of claim. They will then guide you through the rest of the process. (You can find out more about what that involves in the Attwood Solicitor’sGuide to Personal Injury Claims).
We deal with most cases under a Conditional Fee Agreement, also known as ‘No win, No fee’. This means:
- No upfront payments
- Nothing to pay if your claim does not succeed
- No risk
- Lack of funds will not prohibit you from making a claim
There are many companies offering support for Personal Injury claims, but before you decide which one you trust to secure the best outcome for your case, here are some things you that you should know about Attwood Solicitors:
- We are Personal Injury Specialists – that means we focus solely on ONE area of specialism, rather than trying to be a Jack of All Trades. As such, our expertise is unrivalled.
- We are committed to processing your claim to the best of our ability, ensuring the best outcome for you, in the least stressful way possible.
- We have a huge depth of experience and wide-ranging case history, which means that we can offer the best legal knowledge to support your claim.
- We have a proven track record of successful claims and are proud of our reputation as leaders in our field.
- We believe you have suffered enough already, and therefore undertake all Personal Injury Claims on a No Win, No Fee basis.
- We believe you should have your own appointed Legal Expert to ensure continuity of care and tailored support.
- We offer a sympathetic and supportive approach, understanding that you have been through, and are still going through, a difficult time.
- We believe that open and honest communication is the key to a successful client relationship, and will keep you informed throughout, with clear and precise information.
- We offer a free initial consultation where we will be honest with you about the likely success of your claim.
- Our integrity is paramount, and we therefore offer our expertise in a caring and considerate way, where all decisions are made in the best interests of the client.
- We will guide you and fight your corner for you, making the process as stress-free as possible.