Have you been injured in circumstances that were not your fault?
Have you suffered an illness that could, and should, have been prevented?
If you, or someone you know, has suffered injury or illness through no fault of your own, but was instead caused, or exacerbated by another person, then you may be considering a claim for Personal Injury compensation.
We understand that this can be a daunting and overwhelming prospect, and you may still be coming to terms with what has happened, but we can support you every step of the way; from identifying valid claims, to offering expert legal advice and dealing with third parties on your behalf.
As Personal Injury specialists, Attwood Solicitors has experience of a spectrum of Personal Injury cases, and we work tirelessly to obtain the compensation that our clients deserve.
What is a Personal Injury?
Personal Injury is a legal term for a physical or psychological injury or illness, and a Personal Injury Claim is made when someone else is responsible for its cause.
There are many types of Personal Injury Claim, so to make it easier to pinpoint the help you need, we’ve categorised Personal Injury into five main areas, where you can find further information relevant to your situation:
- Dental Negligence – examples include poor root canal treatment; gum disease; poor orthodontic treatment; or dental neglect. If you have received poor or substandard dental treatment that has caused injury or suffering, you may be able to claim Dental Negligence.
- Medical Negligence – examples include: birth injuries; defective medical products; misdiagnosis; hospital-acquired infections; or substandard surgery. If you have suffered complications through medical situations which were not your fault, you should be able to make a claim for Medical Negligence.
- Work Claims – examples include: repetitive strain injuries; factory and warehouse injuries; noise-induced hearing loss; industrial illnesses; or harassment/assault. If you have suffered mentally or physically through a situation arising at work, you may be able to process a Work-Related Claim.
- Personal Injury – examples include: road traffic accidents; accidents in public places; injuries due to faulty products; past abuse; or animal attacks. If you have suffered an injury or an illness through no fault of your own, you could be able to make a Personal Injury Claim.
- Cosmetic Surgery – examples include: breast surgery; reconstructive surgery; rhinoplasty; laser treatment; or substandard botox treatment. If you have suffered illness or injury as a result of your Cosmetic Surgery, you may be able to make a claim.
We understand that this can be a difficult and distressing time. If you have been injured in a road traffic accident, making a claim for compensation may be the last thing you want to think about, but we would urge you to get the ball rolling and establish if you are eligible for compensation as soon as possible.
Claims can take considerable time to conclude, and in the meantime, your finances could be severely stretched. We deal with most cases on a ‘No win, No fee’basis, leaving you to focus on your recovery, rather than worrying about legal costs.
Attwood Solicitors will work hard to ensure a fast resolution for your case, without adding further hassle or stress to your life. Contact us today for a free consultation, expert advice, and support with your claim.
Determining liability is the first step in a Personal Injury case, and evidence will be required to prove that a third party was responsible for any injury or illness for which you are seeking compensation.
If you are unsure who is liable, or you are struggling to collect evidence, but still believe that you deserve compensation for your injuries, get in touch with our team immediately. We may be able to help build your case by talking with witnesses, experts, or other stakeholders to establish the facts.
After you’ve been involved in a Road Traffic Accident, it’s understandable that your main objective will be to recover from your experience and put it behind you. Claiming compensation for your accident is often a good way of doing this, as it not only provides financial support at a time when you need it the most, but should also help you feel that justice has been served.
We work tirelessly to ensure that each client is awarded the maximum compensation possible for their case. If you are successful in your claim, you may be awarded compensation for one or more of the following:
- The injury sustained, including physical and mental damage. Compensation is awarded based on pain, suffering, and inability to resume ‘normal’ life.
- Financial losses, including loss of earnings since the accident. Loss of potential future earnings may also be considered.
- Out-of-pocket expenses including care costs, medical costs, travel to medical appointments and home help. (Please note: It’s important to keep any receipts for out-of-pocket expenses so that they can be included in any claim).
- Future needs – It may be necessary to make adjustments in the future, such as adaptations at home, which may also be claimed for.
Our experience and expertise in Personal Injury cases will help you to secure the compensation you deserve.
If you have sustained a personal injury, seeking compensation may be the last thing on your mind, but it’s important to be aware that there are time limits for taking legal action. Don’t worry, we understand that it may be difficult for you to talk about what has happened, but please rest-assured that our sympathetic team is here to support you, and will make the process as simple and straightforward as possible.
We will take some basic details and information about what has happened, before introducing you to a carefully selected solicitor who specialises in your type of claim. They will then guide you through the rest of the process. (You can find out more about what that involves in the Attwood Solicitor’sGuide to Personal Injury Claims).
We deal with most cases under a Conditional Fee Agreement, also known as ‘No win, No fee’. This means:
- No upfront payments
- Nothing to pay if your claim does not succeed
- No risk
- Lack of funds will not prohibit you from making a claim
There are many companies offering support for Personal Injury claims, but before you decide which one you trust to secure the best outcome for your case, here are some things you that you should know about Attwood Solicitors:
- We are Personal Injury Specialists – that means we focus solely on ONE area of specialism, rather than trying to be a Jack of All Trades. As such, our expertise is unrivalled.
- We are committed to processing your claim to the best of our ability, ensuring the best outcome for you, in the least stressful way possible.
- We have a huge depth of experience and wide-ranging case history, which means that we can offer the best legal knowledge to support your claim.
- We have a proven track record of successful claims and are proud of our reputation as leaders in our field.
- We believe you have suffered enough already, and therefore undertake all Personal Injury Claims on a No Win, No Fee basis.
- We believe you should have your own appointed Legal Expert to ensure continuity of care and tailored support.
- We offer a sympathetic and supportive approach, understanding that you have been through, and are still going through, a difficult time.
- We believe that open and honest communication is the key to a successful client relationship, and will keep you informed throughout, with clear and precise information.
- We offer a free initial consultation where we will be honest with you about the likely success of your claim.
- Our integrity is paramount, and we therefore offer our expertise in a caring and considerate way, where all decisions are made in the best interests of the client.
- We will guide you and fight your corner for you, making the process as stress-free as possible.