Have you been affected by the Nissan Pickup Scandal?
The Nissan Navara D40 was hailed as the strongest truck on the market, and many farmers and tradespeople opted to purchase one or more. However, the Pickup has had a troubled history. As far back as 2008, the vehicle was reported as faring particularly badly in test crashes. This problem was compounded when there were reports of air bags firing too late.
However, the biggest issue to hit the Nissan Navara D40 has been the cases of dangerous corrosion and rust of the chassis, which, in extreme, but not rarecircumstances, has caused the chassis to crack and break completely.
It appears that for particular Nissan Navara D40 models – notably those manufactured in Spain with 2005-2008 plates – there has been a significant defect on the chassis. This applies to the tow bar designs of the D40 ST-X and RX. Corrosion and metal fatigue around the front spring hanger on the rear springs, usually on the passenger side, causes cracks, and in some cases, the entire chassis hassnapped, with the potential to cause the wheels to come off.
What does Nissan say?
Nissan UK is being remarkably quiet. They have said that they are willing to ‘buy back’ the affected vehicles at the relevant market rates, or offer 20% off a new vehicle, following inspection by a Nissan-sent RAC inspector. However, many feel that this response from Nissan falls short of their responsibility.
In Australia, where this ‘ute’ has proven particularly popular, Nissan has recalled 40,000 of the D40, as far back as April 2013. The same urgency hasn’t happened in the UK and there appears to be a lack of consistency in how Nissan is dealing with UK Navara D40 owners. In some cases, the vehicles havefailed their MOT, but the inspection carried out by the RAC on behalf of Nissan has declared the chassis safe. Owners themselves are having to dip in to their own pockets for the cost of fuel (some owners are being requested to drive hundreds of miles for inspection), and hire vehicles, plus plating, welding, and repairing rot and cracks.
Am I affected?
It is estimated that approximately 35,000 Nissan Navara D40 models are affected in the UK alone, and the recall extends to 193,500 vehicles worldwide. These vehicles are mostly owned by farmers, land-workers, those in the wider agriculture business, and tradespeople, as well as those who have purchased them for recreational purposes.
It would appear that whilst the problem is inherent to the Navara, the process is sped up by owners who modify the suspension.
We are currently investigating whether individuals who have been affected by the Nissan Navara D40 chassis problem can get compensation for the losses they have experienced. You may be entitled to compensation for loss including costs of repair, depreciation, and incurred costs such as hire vehicles.
As so many UK Nissan owners are likely to have been affected by this situation, we are looking into making a Group Litigation Claim. By joining the Group,you would benefit from our research and expertisewhilst we seek to claim individual compensation.
Your next step is to register your interest with our Group Litigation Team. Registration doesn’t commit you, but it will enable us to move forward with making these compensation claims for all those affected by the Nissan Navara D40 chassis problem. You can register today by completing our simple online Registration Form.
We deal with most cases under a Conditional Fee Agreement, also known as ‘No win, No fee’. This means:
- No upfront payments
- Nothing to pay if your claim does not succeed
- No risk
- Lack of funds will not prohibit you from making a claim
There are many companies offering support for Personal Injury claims, but before you decide which one you trust to secure the best outcome for your case, here are some things you that you should know about Attwood Solicitors:
- We are Personal Injury Specialists – that means we focus solely on ONE area of specialism, rather than trying to be a Jack of All Trades. As such, our expertise is unrivalled.
- We are committed to processing your claim to the best of our ability, ensuring the best outcome for you, in the least stressful way possible.
- We have a huge depth of experience and wide-ranging case history, which means that we can offer the best legal knowledge to support your claim.
- We have a proven track record of successful claims and are proud of our reputation as leaders in our field.
- We believe you have suffered enough already, and therefore undertake all Personal Injury Claims on a No Win, No Fee basis.
- We believe you should have your own appointed Legal Expert to ensure continuity of care and tailored support.
- We offer a sympathetic and supportive approach, understanding that you have been through, and are still going through, a difficult time.
- We believe that open and honest communication is the key to a successful client relationship, and will keep you informed throughout, with clear and precise information.
- We offer a free initial consultation where we will be honest with you about the likely success of your claim.
- Our integrity is paramount, and we therefore offer our expertise in a caring and considerate way, where all decisions are made in the best interests of the client.
- We will guide you and fight your corner for you, making the process as stress-free as possible.