Have you suffered mental health illness through medical negligence?
It can be extremely distressing if you or a loved one is diagnosed with a mental illness, but reassuring to know that advancements in healthcare mean that there is now a vast array of treatments for sufferers of all mental illnesses.
Mental health sufferers should receive the same high standards of treatment as all other members of our society, however, there is arguably still a long way to go before mental illness is taken as seriously as it should be by hospitals and general practices alike. For this reason, it is common for mentally ill patients to fall under the radar, or suffer neglect, in the hands of healthcare specialists. This may relate to diagnosis, medication, or a hospital referral relating to mental illness.
Common examples of mental health-related negligence that lead to injury or death:
- Misdiagnosis of a mental health condition
- Mental health injuries and illnesses during hospital stays
- Inadequate care and supervision
- Prolonged or over-subscription of inappropriate medication
- Failure to detain when necessary
- Wrongly discharging a patient
Mental health claims are often the most emotional, distressing, and difficult to deal with, and we understand your need for finding the right solicitor to handle your case with empathy and confidentiality. At Attwood Solicitors, our mental health specialists have helped hundreds of clients to receive the compensation they deserve for inadequate mental health treatment.
It may be that the nature of a mental health illness means your loved one is often unable to undertake a medical negligence claim themselves, and in these instances we can work with you to help bring a claim on the patient’s behalf. We work sensitively and in an approachable manner to undertake Medical Negligence claims that are the result of failings in the mental health services.
Making a claim for compensation may be the last thing you want to think about, but we would urge you to get the ball rolling and establish if you are eligible for compensation as soon as possible.
Claims can take considerable time to conclude, and in the meantime, your finances could be severely stretched. We deal with most cases on a ‘No win, No fee’ basis, leaving you to focus on your recovery, rather than worrying about legal costs.
Attwood Solicitors will work hard to ensure a fast resolution for your case, without adding further hassle or stress to your life. Contact us today for a free consultation, expert advice, and support with your claim.
Determining liability is the first step in a Personal Injury case, and evidence will be required to prove that a third party was responsible for any injury or illness for which you are seeking compensation.
If you are unsure who is liable, or you are struggling to collect evidence, but still believe that you deserve compensation for your injuries, get in touch with our team immediately. We may be able to help build your case by talking with witnesses, experts, or other stakeholders to establish the facts.
After you’ve suffered with mental health issues due to medical negligence, it’s understandable that your main objective will be to recover from your experience and put it behind you. Claiming compensation for your accident is often a good way of doing this, as it not only provides financial support at a time when you need it the most, but should also help you feel that justice has been served.
We work tirelessly to ensure that each client is awarded the maximum compensation possible for their case. If you are successful in your claim, you may be awarded compensation for one or more of the following:
- The injury sustained, including physical and mental damage. Compensation is awarded based on pain, suffering, and inability to resume ‘normal’ life.
- Financial losses, including loss of earnings since the accident. Loss of potential future earnings may also be considered.
- Out-of-pocket expenses including care costs, medical costs, travel to medical appointments and home help. (Please note: It’s important to keep any receipts for out-of-pocket expenses so that they can be included in any claim).
Our experience and expertise in Personal Injury cases will help you to secure the compensation you deserve.
If you have sustained a personal injury, seeking compensation may be the last thing on your mind, but it’s important to be aware that there are time limits for taking legal action. Don’t worry, we understand that it may be difficult for you to talk about what has happened, but please rest-assured that our sympathetic team is here to support you, and will make the process as simple and straightforward as possible.
We will take some basic details and information about what has happened, before introducing you to a carefully selected solicitor who specialises in your type of claim. They will then guide you through the rest of the process. (You can find out more about what that involves in the Attwood Solicitor’sGuide to Personal Injury Claims).
We deal with most cases under a Conditional Fee Agreement, also known as ‘No win, No fee’. This means:
- No upfront payments
- Nothing to pay if your claim does not succeed
- No risk
- Lack of funds will not prohibit you from making a claim
There are many companies offering support for Personal Injury claims, but before you decide which one you trust to secure the best outcome for your case, here are some things you that you should know about Attwood Solicitors:
- We are Personal Injury Specialists – that means we focus solely on ONE area of specialism, rather than trying to be a Jack of All Trades. As such, our expertise is unrivalled.
- We are committed to processing your claim to the best of our ability, ensuring the best outcome for you, in the least stressful way possible.
- We have a huge depth of experience and wide-ranging case history, which means that we can offer the best legal knowledge to support your claim.
- We have a proven track record of successful claims and are proud of our reputation as leaders in our field.
- We believe you have suffered enough already, and therefore undertake all Personal Injury Claims on a No Win, No Fee basis.
- We believe you should have your own appointed Legal Expert to ensure continuity of care and tailored support.
- We offer a sympathetic and supportive approach, understanding that you have been through, and are still going through, a difficult time.
- We believe that open and honest communication is the key to a successful client relationship, and will keep you informed throughout, with clear and precise information.
- We offer a free initial consultation where we will be honest with you about the likely success of your claim.
- Our integrity is paramount, and we therefore offer our expertise in a caring and considerate way, where all decisions are made in the best interests of the client.
- We will guide you and fight your corner for you, making the process as stress-free as possible.