Have you suffered illness due to industrial disease?
Certain occupations have more of an element of risk than others, with a greater potential for injury or illness if these risks are overlooked. However, more often than not an illness or an injury is caused not by the ignorance of the employee, but by negligence on behalf of the employer.
Employers have a responsibility to protect the health and safety of all their employees, and to minimise risks to their health and wellbeing wherever possible. A failure to uphold this duty of care can lead to a wide range of industrial diseases caused by factors such as exposure to chemicals and pollutants, noise, and vibrations. Some of these diseases are well-publicised, for example, illnesses arising from asbestos exposure, however, some are lesser known. Nonetheless, you still have the right to claim for Industrial Disease Compensation as a result of any illness sustained due to negligence.
Common forms of industrial disease
At Attwood Solicitors, we have handled a variety of industrial illness cases, and are highly experienced in recognizing common industrial illnesses and the impact these illnesses have on a client’s mental and physical wellbeing. Industrial illnesses include, but are not limited to:
- Noise Induced Hearing Loss & Tinnitus
- Vibrating White Finger (VWF)
- Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS)
- Repetitive Strain Injury
- Respiratory disease & occupational asthma
- Dermatitis & skin allergy
- Tennis elbow
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
- Miner’s knee/Bursitis
Attwood Solicitorswill work tirelessly to prove the link between your work environment and your medical condition, and pursue a claim on your behalf. We operate on behalf of individuals, groups of employees, and Trade Unions.
We believe you should have legal help in your corner whether you are one person or one hundred.
We understand how you and your loved ones have been, and are being, affected by the consequences on your health of your working conditions.
We act with sympathy and compassion, particularly when a family has tragically lost a loved one to industrial disease.
Making a claim for compensation may be the last thing you want to think about, but we would urge you to get the ball rolling and establish if you are eligible for compensation as soon as possible. Works claims are subject to a time limit, and in most cases, you will need to bring your claim within 3 years of when you realise (or suspect) that your illness is due to your working
environment, or 3 years from the onset of your symptoms. Don’t worry if you are unsure whether you are within this time frame, we can discuss this with you.
It’s also important to bear in mind that claims can take considerable time to conclude, and in the meantime, your finances could be severely stretched. We deal with most cases on a ‘No win, No fee’ basis, leaving you to focus on your recovery, rather than worrying about legal costs.
Attwood Solicitors will work hard to ensure a fast resolution for your case, without adding further hassle or stress to your life. Contact us today for a free consultation, expert advice, and support with your claim.
Determining liability is the first step in a Personal Injury case, and evidence will be required to prove that a third party was responsible for any injury or illness for which you are seeking compensation.
If you are unsure who is liable, or you are struggling to collect evidence, but still believe that you deserve compensation for your injuries, get in touch with our team immediately. We may be able to help build your case by talking with witnesses, experts, or other stakeholders to establish the facts.
After you’ve been affected by industrial disease, it’s understandable that your main objective will be to recover from your experience and put it behind you. Claiming compensation for your accident is often a good way of doing this, as it not only provides financial support at a time when you need it the most, but should also help you feel that justice has been served.
We work tirelessly to ensure that each client is awarded the maximum compensation possible for their case. Ultimately, through pursuing your claim, the aim is to win compensation for:
- Pain and suffering – now and in the future
- Loss of earnings – now and in the future
- Expenses you have incurred or will incur for restorative treatment, devices, or appliances e.g. hearing aids
- Future needs – It may be necessary to make adjustments in the future, such as adaptations at home, which may also be claimed for.
Our experience and expertise in Personal Injury cases will help you to secure the compensation you deserve.
Seeking compensation may be the last thing on your mind, but it’s important to be aware that there are time limits for taking legal action. Don’t worry, we understand that it may be difficult for you to talk about what has happened, but please rest-assured that our sympathetic team is here to support you, and will make the process as simple and straightforward as possible.
We will take some basic details and information about what has happened, before introducing you to a carefully selected solicitor who specialises in your type of claim. They will then guide you through the rest of the process. (You can find out more about what that involves in the Attwood Solicitor’sGuide to Personal Injury Claims).
We deal with most cases under a Conditional Fee Agreement, also known as ‘No win, No fee’. This means:
- No upfront payments
- Nothing to pay if your claim does not succeed
- No risk
- Lack of funds will not prohibit you from making a claim
There are many companies offering support for Personal Injury claims, but before you decide which one you trust to secure the best outcome for your case, here are some things you that you should know about Attwood Solicitors:
- We are Personal Injury Specialists – that means we focus solely on ONE area of specialism, rather than trying to be a Jack of All Trades. As such, our expertise is unrivalled.
- We are committed to processing your claim to the best of our ability, ensuring the best outcome for you, in the least stressful way possible.
- We have a huge depth of experience and wide-ranging case history, which means that we can offer the best legal knowledge to support your claim.
- We have a proven track record of successful claims and are proud of our reputation as leaders in our field.
- We believe you have suffered enough already, and therefore undertake all Personal Injury Claims on a No Win, No Fee basis.
- We believe you should have your own appointed Legal Expert to ensure continuity of care and tailored support.
- We offer a sympathetic and supportive approach, understanding that you have been through, and are still going through, a difficult time.
- We believe that open and honest communication is the key to a successful client relationship, and will keep you informed throughout, with clear and precise information.
- We offer a free initial consultation where we will be honest with you about the likely success of your claim.
- Our integrity is paramount, and we therefore offer our expertise in a caring and considerate way, where all decisions are made in the best interests of the client.
- We will guide you and fight your corner for you, making the process as stress-free as possible.