Have you been injured as a result of GP negligence?
GPs and community health care practitioners are at the frontline of medical healthcare, and are usually the first point of call when we fall ill. They are often gatekeepers to further medical attention or intervention too, so we tend to place an enormous amount of trust in them, relying on them to correctly diagnose illness, treat us with the correct medication, and schedule follow-up appointments or referrals to hospitals or specialists.
As a result, it can feel incredibly frustrating when a problem arises due to a failure in their duty of care. The effects can feel incredibly personal and make you feel extremely vulnerable.
These issues exist with GPs and community health services such as community midwifery, district nursing, occupational therapy and physiotherapy.
Common examples of GP or Community Health professional negligence
Community healthcare services are invaluable, but they are open to human error which can have significant ramifications for your ongoing health. Negligence in a GP’s hands may lead to an illness being allowed to worsen over time, and in serious cases, may lead to a stay in hospital.
The most common GP medical negligence cases that Attwood Solicitors deal with relate to:
- Receiving the wrong advice
- Misdiagnosis of a medical condition
- Failure to diagnose a medical condition
- Prescription errors
- Failure to refer to a specialist
- Failure to conduct an adequate examination
You may have received bad advice, wrong treatment, misdiagnosis, or a failure to refer on from your GP. We will work on your behalf to prove if a health care professional acted in a manner that fell below the expected standard.
We understand that your situation may have caused you distress and anxiety, and that your case may be a sensitive one. Rest-assured that we will handle your claim with sympathy and confidentiality.
Making a claim for compensation may be the last thing you want to think about, but we would urge you to get the ball rolling and establish if you are eligible for compensation as soon as possible.
Claims can take considerable time to conclude, and in the meantime, your finances could be severely stretched. We deal with most cases on a ‘No win, No fee’ basis, leaving you to focus on your recovery, rather than worrying about legal costs.
Attwood Solicitors will work hard to ensure a fast resolution for your case, without adding further hassle or stress to your life. Contact us today for a free consultation, expert advice, and support with your claim.
Determining liability is the first step in a Personal Injury case, and evidence will be required to prove that a third party was responsible for any injury or illness for which you are seeking compensation.
If you are unsure who is liable, or you are struggling to collect evidence, but still believe that you deserve compensation for your injuries, get in touch with our team immediately. We may be able to help build your case by talking with witnesses, experts, or other stakeholders to establish the facts.
When you’ve been injured, or developed an illness due to a GP or community health practitioner’s negligence, it’s understandable that your main objective will be to recover from your experience and put it behind you. Claiming compensation for your accident is often a good way of doing this, as it not only provides financial support at a time that you need it the most, but should also help you feel that justice has been served.
Our team of GP negligence specialists will work closely with you and make it their priority to achieve justified compensation for your suffering. Their invaluable years of experience enable us to provide you with unrivalled legal expertise that will seek the best outcome for you, and ensure that all your care needs are considered.
A successful claim may result in you being awarded compensation for one or more of the following:
- The injury sustained, including physical and mental damage. Compensation is awarded based on pain, suffering, and inability to resume ‘normal’ life.
- Financial losses, including loss of earnings since the accident. Loss of potential future earnings may also be considered.
- Out-of-pocket expenses including care costs, medical costs, travel to medical appointments and home help. (Please note: It’s important to keep any receipts for out-of-pocket expenses so that they can be included in any claim).
- Future needs – It may be necessary to make adjustments in the future, such as adaptations at home, which may also be claimed for.
Our experience and expertise in Personal Injury cases will help you to secure the compensation you deserve.
If you have sustained a personal injury, seeking compensation may be the last thing on your mind, but it’s important to be aware that there are time limits for taking legal action. Don’t worry, we understand that it may be difficult for you to talk about what has happened, but please rest-assured that our sympathetic team is here to support you, and will make the process as simple and straightforward as possible.
We will take some basic details and information about what has happened, before introducing you to a carefully selected solicitor who specialises in your type of claim. They will then guide you through the rest of the process. (You can find out more about what that involves in the Attwood Solicitor’sGuide to Personal Injury Claims).
We deal with most cases under a Conditional Fee Agreement, also known as ‘No win, No fee’. This means:
- No upfront payments
- Nothing to pay if your claim does not succeed
- No risk
- Lack of funds will not prohibit you from making a claim
There are many companies offering support for Personal Injury claims, but before you decide which one you trust to secure the best outcome for your case, here are some things you that you should know about Attwood Solicitors:
- We are Personal Injury Specialists – that means we focus solely on ONE area of specialism, rather than trying to be a Jack of All Trades. As such, our expertise is unrivalled.
- We are committed to processing your claim to the best of our ability, ensuring the best outcome for you, in the least stressful way possible.
- We have a huge depth of experience and wide-ranging case history, which means that we can offer the best legal knowledge to support your claim.
- We have a proven track record of successful claims and are proud of our reputation as leaders in our field.
- We believe you have suffered enough already, and therefore undertake all Personal Injury Claims on a No Win, No Fee basis.
- We believe you should have your own appointed Legal Expert to ensure continuity of care and tailored support.
- We offer a sympathetic and supportive approach, understanding that you have been through, and are still going through, a difficult time.
- We believe that open and honest communication is the key to a successful client relationship, and will keep you informed throughout, with clear and precise information.
- We offer a free initial consultation where we will be honest with you about the likely success of your claim.
- Our integrity is paramount, and we therefore offer our expertise in a caring and considerate way, where all decisions are made in the best interests of the client.
- We will guide you and fight your corner for you, making the process as stress-free as possible.