Have you suffered as a result of ill-fitting dentures?
Dentures are used as a replacement for missing teeth, and in most cases, they offer a successful solution. However, some people are left with ill-fitting dentures that can be uncomfortable, cause pain, or even lead to other problems such as gum disease.
When dentures are first fitted, they may feel unnatural, and it is normal to experience mild pain and discomfort.These issues should disappear within a few weeks, but if problems persist after this initial period, it is possible that the dentures are ill-fitting.
Ill-fitted dentures can lead to oral thrush (candidiasis). Although this condition is generally painless, it is often unpleasant for sufferers and can go on to cause further problems. Additionally, poorly fitting dentures can cause periodontal (gum) disease, because a loosely fitting denture may graze the soft gum tissue or cause swelling, putting pressure on tender gums. In severe cases, this can lead to nutritional difficulties for patients. Also, in rare cases, denture adhesives can cause neurological problems.
Whilst gums gradually change shape, a denture should remain comfortable for a long period of time. Patients should receive expert advice and guidance on how to care for their dentureswhen they are considering having them and at the point of fitting, to ensure they last as long as possible, and to protect oral health.
At Attwood Solicitors, we have a dedicated team specialising in dental negligence claims, who have built up years of knowledge, experience, and expertise in this particular field. Our solicitors can advise you on anything you may need to know about making your claim, and offer any additional support related to your particular experience.
We recognise the deeply personal and varied nature of each individual case, and our unique service tailored to each of our clients is a reflection of this. Our aim is to offer full support and assistance and keep you involved in the process of your case, without the confusing medical or legal jargon.
Making a claim for compensation may be the last thing you want to think about, but we would urge you to get the ball rolling and establish if you are eligible for compensation as soon as possible.
Claims can take considerable time to conclude, and in the meantime, your finances could be severely stretched. We deal with most cases on a ‘No win, No fee’basis, leaving you to focus on your recovery, rather than worrying about legal costs.
Attwood Solicitors will work hard to ensure that the claims process adds no extra hassle or stress to your life, and that a resolution is achieved as quickly and smoothly as possible. Contact us today for a free consultation, expert advice, and support with your claim.
Determining liability is the first step in a Dental Negligence case, and evidence will be required to prove that a third party was responsible for any injury or illness for which you are seeking compensation.
If you are unsure who is liable, or you are struggling to collect evidence, but still believe that you deserve compensation for your injuries, get in touch with our team immediately. We may be able to help build your case by talking with witnesses, experts, or other stakeholders to establish the facts.
It’s understandable that your main objective will be to recover from your experience and put it behind you. Claiming compensation is often a good way of doing this, as it not only provides financial support at a time when you need it the most, but should also help you feel that justice has been served.
We work tirelessly to ensure that each client is awarded the maximum compensation possible for their case. If you are successful in your claim, you may be awarded compensation for one or more of the following:
- The injury sustained, including physical and mental damage. Compensation is awarded based on pain, suffering, and inability to resume ‘normal’ life.
- Financial losses, including loss of earnings since the accident. Loss of potential future earnings may also be considered.
- Out-of-pocket expenses including care costs, medical costs, travel to medical appointments and home help. (Please note: It’s important to keep any receipts for out-of-pocket expenses so that they can be included in any claim).
- Future needs – It may be necessary to make adjustments in the future, such as adaptations at home, which may also be claimed for.
Our experience and expertise in Personal Injury cases will help you to secure the compensation you deserve.
If you have sustained a personal injury, seeking compensation may be the last thing on your mind, but it’s important to be aware that there are time limits for taking legal action. Don’t worry, we understand that it may be difficult for you to talk about what has happened, but please rest-assured that our sympathetic team is here to support you, and will make the process as simple and straightforward as possible.
We will take some basic details and information about what has happened, before introducing you to a carefully selected solicitor who specialises in your type of claim. They will then guide you through the rest of the process. (You can find out more about what that involves in the Attwood Solicitor’sGuide to Personal Injury Claims).
We deal with most cases under a Conditional Fee Agreement, also known as ‘No win, No fee’. This means:
- No upfront payments
- Nothing to pay if your claim does not succeed
- No risk
- Lack of funds will not prohibit you from making a claim
There are many companies offering support for Personal Injury claims, but before you decide which one you trust to secure the best outcome for your case, here are some things you that you should know about Attwood Solicitors:
- We are Personal Injury Specialists – that means we focus solely on ONE area of specialism, rather than trying to be a Jack of All Trades. As such, our expertise is unrivalled.
- We are committed to processing your claim to the best of our ability, ensuring the best outcome for you, in the least stressful way possible.
- We have a huge depth of experience and wide-ranging case history, which means that we can offer the best legal knowledge to support your claim.
- We have a proven track record of successful claims and are proud of our reputation as leaders in our field.
- We believe you have suffered enough already, and therefore undertake all Personal Injury Claims on a No Win, No Fee basis.
- We believe you should have your own appointed Legal Expert to ensure continuity of care and tailored support.
- We offer a sympathetic and supportive approach, understanding that you have been through, and are still going through, a difficult time.
- We believe that open and honest communication is the key to a successful client relationship, and will keep you informed throughout, with clear and precise information.
- We offer a free initial consultation where we will be honest with you about the likely success of your claim.
- Our integrity is paramount, and we therefore offer our expertise in a caring and considerate way, where all decisions are made in the best interests of the client.
- We will guide you and fight your corner for you, making the process as stress-free as possible.