Has your loved one been fatally injured in an accident that wasn’t their fault?
Any accident has the potential to change a life forever, and when it leads to a death, the consequences are undeniably devastating for the people left behind. Losing a loved one has the power to put your life on a standstill. You may struggle with the pain, loss, and grief of what has happened, and may find it difficult to go to work and carry on with your usual day-to-day activities. The situation can become more distressing if the death was caused by an accident that shouldn’t have happened, and could have been avoided.
Common causes of fatal accidents
There are unfortunately so many occasions where, through the fault of somebody else, a fatal accident can occur. In the past, we have helped people to claim compensation for their loss of a loved one following:
- Fatal road traffic accidents
- Fatal accidents at work
- Fatal incidents in public areas
We understand that this can be a difficult and distressing time. If you have been injured in a road traffic accident, Making a claim for compensation may be the last thing you want to think about, but we would urge you to get the ball rolling and establish if you are eligible for compensation as soon as possible.
Claims can take considerable time to conclude, and in the meantime, your finances could be severely stretched. We deal with most cases on a ‘No win, No fee’basis, leaving you to focus on your recovery, rather than worrying about legal costs.
Attwood Solicitors will work hard to ensure a fast resolution for your case, without adding further hassle or stress to your life. Contact us today for a free consultation, expert advice, and support with your claim.
Determining liability is the first step in a Personal Injury case, and evidence will be required to prove that a third party was responsible for any injury for which you are seeking compensation.
If you are unsure who is liable, or you are struggling to collect evidence, but still believe that you deserve compensation, get in touch with our team immediately. We may be able to help build your case by talking with witnesses, experts, or other stakeholders to establish the facts.
We know that there is nothing we can do that will alleviate your pain following the death of a loved one, but we understand the importance of compensation in helping you to cope financially in the months following their death. Claiming compensation after a fatal accident can also help you feel that justice has been served.
We work tirelessly to ensure that each client is awarded the maximum compensation possible for their case. The types of compensation that can be claimed are:
- Compensation for ‘pain, suffering and loss of amenity’ prior to death – you can claim this compensation if it can be shown that there was a period of survival between the accident and death, where your loved one was conscious and was suffering.
- Financial losses incurred by the deceased prior to death – this claim can be made in order to recover any expenses that your loved one incurred between the date of the accident and the date of death, as a result of the accident.
- Funeral expenses – it is possible to receive such expenses to reasonably cover the cost of your loved one’s funeral.
Our experience and expertise in Personal Injury cases will help you to secure the compensation you deserve.
If you have sustained a personal injury, seeking compensation may be the last thing on your mind, but it’s important to be aware that there are time limits for taking legal action. Don’t worry, we understand that it may be difficult for you to talk about what has happened, but please rest-assured that our sympathetic team is here to support you, and will make the process as simple and straightforward as possible.
We will take some basic details and information about what has happened, before introducing you to a carefully selected solicitor who specialises in your type of claim. They will then guide you through the rest of the process. (You can find out more about what that involves in the Attwood Solicitor’sGuide to Personal Injury Claims).
We deal with most cases under a Conditional Fee Agreement, also known as ‘No win, No fee’. This means:
- No upfront payments
- Nothing to pay if your claim does not succeed
- No risk
- Lack of funds will not prohibit you from making a claim
There are many companies offering support for Personal Injury claims, but before you decide which one you trust to secure the best outcome for your case, here are some things you that you should know about Attwood Solicitors:
- We are Personal Injury Specialists – that means we focus solely on ONE area of specialism, rather than trying to be a Jack of All Trades. As such, our expertise is unrivalled.
- We are committed to processing your claim to the best of our ability, ensuring the best outcome for you, in the least stressful way possible.
- We have a huge depth of experience and wide-ranging case history, which means that we can offer the best legal knowledge to support your claim.
- We have a proven track record of successful claims and are proud of our reputation as leaders in our field.
- We believe you have suffered enough already, and therefore undertake all Personal Injury Claims on a No Win, No Fee basis.
- We believe you should have your own appointed Legal Expert to ensure continuity of care and tailored support.
- We offer a sympathetic and supportive approach, understanding that you have been through, and are still going through, a difficult time.
- We believe that open and honest communication is the key to a successful client relationship, and will keep you informed throughout, with clear and precise information.
- We offer a free initial consultation where we will be honest with you about the likely success of your claim.
- Our integrity is paramount, and we therefore offer our expertise in a caring and considerate way, where all decisions are made in the best interests of the client.
- We will guide you and fight your corner for you, making the process as stress-free as possible.