Have you suffered an injury while giving birth?
We understand that a mishandled pregnancy or birth can have life-changing consequences for both the mother and child. Unfortunately, pregnancy and childbirth are an unpredictable process and even the highest standards of care can result in complications.
What can go wrong?
Ante-natal errors occur when serious problems are missed during pregnancy, for example, pre-eclampsia or a failure to diagnose a problem in mother or baby.
Errors during the birth can arise in many different ways: damage from incorrect or incompetent use of medical instruments, anaesthetics, wrongly performed episiotomies and inadequate or poor suturing, as well as injuries from Caesarean Sections or a failure to recognise the damage. For the mother, this can lead to gynaecological damage and future fertility issues; both having a long-term, negative impact on the mother. For the infant, there are many potential injuries including Cerebral Palsy, brain injury, spinal injury, perinatal asphyxia and fractured or dislocated bones.
Medical Negligence claims can also be brought in instances of Wrongful Birth due to a failed sterilisation or a failure to detect conditions.
Beyond pregnancy and childbirth, women can also experience medical negligence with other gynaecological concerns. The issues are wide-ranging but include: poorly performed Abortions, errors with coil fitting and removal, hysterectomies, pelvic floor repairs and Dilatation & Curettage (D&C).
We understand that this can be a difficult and distressing time. If you have been injured during pregnancy or while giving birth, making a claim for compensation may be the last thing you want to think about, but we would urge you to get the ball rolling and establish if you are eligible for compensation as soon as possible.
Claims can take considerable time to conclude, and in the meantime, your finances could be severely stretched. We deal with most cases on a ‘No win, No fee’ basis, leaving you to focus on your recovery, rather than worrying about legal costs.
Attwood Solicitors will work hard to ensure a fast resolution for your case, without adding further hassle or stress to your life. Contact us today for a free consultation, expert advice, and support with your claim.
Determining liability is the first step in a Personal Injury case, and evidence will be required to prove that a third party was responsible for any injury or illness for which you are seeking compensation.
It is often a complex matter to establish exactly who is at fault when birth trauma or birth defects have occurred. Proof is needed that the medical practitioner responsible for your care was at fault and that the outcome was not an unfortunate consequence of a complication that would have happened anyway. Evidence should confirm that the action, or inaction, of your attending medical practitioners directly resulted in the outcome, and that other health care professionals in similar situations would have acted differently.
Attwood Solicitors are experts in this field, so if you are unsure who is liable, or you are struggling to collect evidence, but still believe that you deserve compensation for your injuries, get in touch with our team immediately.
After you’ve been injured as a result medical negligence, it’s understandable that your main objective will be to recover from your experience and put it behind you. Claiming compensation for your accident is often a good way of doing this, as it not only provides financial support at a time when you need it the most, but should also help you feel that justice has been served.
We work tirelessly to ensure that each client is awarded the maximum compensation possible for their case. If you are successful in your claim, you may be awarded compensation for one or more of the following:
- The injury sustained, including physical and mental damage. Compensation is awarded based on pain, suffering, and inability to resume ‘normal’ life.
- Financial losses, including loss of earnings since the accident. Loss of potential future earnings may also be considered.
- Out-of-pocket expenses including medical costs and travel to medical appointments. (Please note: It’s important to keep any receipts for out-of-pocket expenses so that they can be included in any claim).
Our experience and expertise in Personal Injury cases will help you to secure the compensation you deserve.
If you have sustained a personal injury, seeking compensation may be the last thing on your mind, but it’s important to be aware that there are time limits for taking legal action. Don’t worry, we understand that it may be difficult for you to talk about what has happened, but please rest-assured that our sympathetic team is here to support you, and will make the process as simple and straightforward as possible.
We will take some basic details and information about what has happened, before introducing you to a carefully selected solicitor who specialises in your type of claim. They will then guide you through the rest of the process. (You can find out more about what that involves in the Attwood Solicitor’sGuide to Personal Injury Claims).
We deal with most cases under a Conditional Fee Agreement, also known as ‘No win, No fee’. This means:
- No upfront payments
- Nothing to pay if your claim does not succeed
- No risk
- Lack of funds will not prohibit you from making a claim
There are many companies offering support for Personal Injury claims, but before you decide which one you trust to secure the best outcome for your case, here are some things you that you should know about Attwood Solicitors:
- We are Personal Injury Specialists – that means we focus solely on ONE area of specialism, rather than trying to be a Jack of All Trades. As such, our expertise is unrivalled.
- We are committed to processing your claim to the best of our ability, ensuring the best outcome for you, in the least stressful way possible.
- We have a huge depth of experience and wide-ranging case history, which means that we can offer the best legal knowledge to support your claim.
- We have a proven track record of successful claims and are proud of our reputation as leaders in our field.
- We believe you have suffered enough already, and therefore undertake all Personal Injury Claims on a No Win, No Fee basis.
- We believe you should have your own appointed Legal Expert to ensure continuity of care and tailored support.
- We offer a sympathetic and supportive approach, understanding that you have been through, and are still going through, a difficult time.
- We believe that open and honest communication is the key to a successful client relationship, and will keep you informed throughout, with clear and precise information.
- We offer a free initial consultation where we will be honest with you about the likely success of your claim.
- Our integrity is paramount, and we therefore offer our expertise in a caring and considerate way, where all decisions are made in the best interests of the client.
- We will guide you and fight your corner for you, making the process as stress-free as possible.