Transvaginal Mesh Implants
It has recently come to light that both the product design of the transvaginal implants and implantation technique have contributed to serious, often life-changing complications for patients who have received the implants. Despite thousands of reports of issues, most companies never recalled the devices. The main problems which have arisen are:
- Mesh erosion
- Severe abdominal and pelvic pain
- Internal cutting of the implant
- No improvement in symptoms
- Organ perforation
- Implantation of a faulty product
- Nerve damage
- Vaginal scarring
- Life-changing symptoms due to the surgery (such as inability to walk due to pain)
- Difficult sexual relations as a result of any of the above
Watch the below video as medical negligence expert Ekaterina Zelenova explains Transvaginal Mesh Implants.
You may also have a case for making a transvaginal mesh implants claim for any of the below reasons:
- You feel you didn’t receive enough information about the risks of the implant prior to surgery
- You were unaware that the implant would be permanent
- You were not offered a consultation prior to the procedure, or were not given enough time prior to the procedure to consider the pros and cons
- You were disappointed with the standard of surgery you received
- You sought health care on one or multiple occasions after your surgery, as a result of the implant, and were not dealt with appropriately
- Your subsequent complaints were ignored by healthcare staff
- You have had to have revision surgery to repair the damage caused by your mesh implant
- You were not offered any other alternatives to transvaginal mesh implants prior to surgery, such as pessaries, surgery without mesh or pelvic floor therapy
So far more than 800 UK women have begun the process of taking legal action against the NHS and the makers of transvaginal mesh implants- do you believe you should rightfully join them? If your mesh implant surgery has left you in debilitating and often permanent pain, we can help.
Transvaginal mesh implants are net-like implants used to treat pelvic organ prolapse and incontinence after childbirth in women. The mesh, usually made from synthetic polypropylene, is permanently implanted to reinforce the weakened vaginal wall or support the urethra or bladder neck. During the procedure, doctors surgically place the mesh through the vagina or the abdomen.
Request a callback
Independent reviews from our CLIENTS
I am writing to you personally to say thank you to Attwood's for a job well done with my recent claims. It initially started out as one claim, but eventually became a little more complicated when another was added following a review of my condition by one of your dental experts. Throughout the last couple of years as the claim has progressed I have been fully supported by your colleague Luke Taylor. I have thanked him personally for all the good work and support he gave me over the last couple of years, it was quite a journey for both of us but with the right outcome, but I just wanted to also highlight to yourself the good service and support he provided me with. It was very much needed and appreciated. He has always been very professional and the advice he has given has always been with real feeling and thought, and not the "just my job" attitude. Even when I was very wary of what to do next, he always explained it in simple terms for me understand and move forward. If I ever need similar help in the future, your company will be the first I contact. With my sincere appreciation and regards.
I contacted Attwood Solicitors requesting that they represent me. Their response to date has been way beyond my expectations . They have provided a comprehensive and professional service at every stage, with a dedicated member of staff as my contact.
All my queries and issues have been resolved very efficiently and you have always contacted me back when promised. I have certainty felt you have been acting on my behalf and would like to thank you for that. Once again we would like to convey our sincere thanks to you and would have no reservations recommending you to anyone else – you have been a star