Been involved in a train accident?
We have put together a list of information you should collect following a train accident.
Have you slipped or tripped at the station? click here
What to do if you’ve had a train accident
If you’ve been involved in a train accident, if possible, collect as much information regarding the accident as possible when at the scene. If due to the shock you weren’t able to collect all the information, it is important that you collect the missing information of the accident as soon as possible.
Examples of Train Accidents:
- COLLISION WITH ANOTHER TRAIN
- ACCIDENT BECAUSE OF MECHANICAL FAILURE
- INADEQUATE SECURITY
- CONDUCTOR’S NEGLIGENCE
Information to collect at the time of the accident (if possible)
- Date and time the accident took place
- Contact details of the conductor , passengers and pedestrians involved
- Details of the train colour and number of passengers
- The weather, visibility and lighting conditions at the time of accident
- Any damage caused to vehicles
- Injures cause as a result of the accident
- Photographs of the scene
Information to recall:
- Try to remember what happened
- Estimate the speed of the vehicles
- Try to describe the area of the scene: road markings, signs or obstructions
Even if it is partly your fault you might be able to claim.
For advice and support on Train Accidents:
Call Attwood Solicitors!
Call Attwood Solicitors today and see what we can do for you. Alternatively, email us.
Free Claims Helpline:
0800 145 5105
CLAIMS to 88010*
*Texts are charged at Standard Network Rate.
Train Accidents – Latest News
THE AGE (19th June 2012)
– Tom Maynard, one of England’s most promising batsmen, has died at the age of 23. Maynard was killed after being struck by a London Underground train in the early hours of 18/06/2012.
KENS5SAN ANTONIO (18th June 2012)
– Police say a man who was hit by a train on Monday morning has died from his injuries. Engineers told investigators the man didn’t react to the upcoming train.
NPTELEGRAPH (18th June 2012)
– A 24 year old Sutherland man is in hospital after the tractor he was driving was struck by a train near the Lincoln County-Keith County line Friday.
ABCNews (5th June 2012)
– 11 passengers died and 23 were injured when a B-double truck crashed into the side of a Swan Hill train bound for Melbourne on June 5, 2007.
THE TIMES OF INDIA (23th May 2012)
– The minister said that the incident occurred when a standing goods train was hit from behind by the Hampi Express. As a result, two coaches of the passenger train derailed and the first coach caught fire.
BBC NEWS INDIA (22th May 2012)
– The Hampi Express crashed into a stationary goods train at Penneconda railway station early on Tuesday, a spokesperson said. Four coaches were derailed, and one of them caught fire.