Forklift Truck Accidents
Forklift trucks are one of the main causes of injuries to people in the work place. They need to be operated and maintained safely to ensure accidents are kept to a minimum. If you have been involved in an accident involving a Forklift truck that resulted in injury, you may be able to bring a claim against your employer for injuries and financial losses.
Forklift truck accidents tend to result from:
- Lack of, or improper, training of the Forklift users and those working in the surrounding areas e.g. loading bay
- Production factors, for example, pressure and stress on operators to meet set targets
- Lack of proper equipment, tools, attachments and accessories
- Incorrect or improper assignment of a Forklift to an Operator
- Poor maintenance, including the age of the Forklift
- Narrow aisles, clutter and obstructions in the operating areas
- Volume of traffic in the Forklift area
- Pedestrians walking or working in the Forklift area
- Many ramps with varying surfaces
- Other workplace conditions such as noise, dust, lighting and fumes
The majority of accidents that are caused by Forklifts are usually of the following three types:
- Crushing injuries as a result of being run over
- Crushing injuries as a result of being trapped (or pinned) between the Forklift and another object
- Head injuries as a result of being hit by moving forks
If you have been injured in a Forklift truck accident we understand that it may be difficult to consider bringing a claim against a current employer. Being solicitors, we understand Employment Law and can advise you on your rights as well as your employer’s responsibilities. Any compensation pay-out will be covered by an Insurance Company rather than by then employer directly. However, a claim should help result in a safer working environment for you and your colleagues moving forward, without any negative effect on you.
If you have been injured in a Forklift truck accident you will have suffered, possibly physically, emotionally and financially. We understand the ramifications of a workplace injury and can advise you how best to proceed.
Contact Us to discuss how we undertake all Forklift Truck Work Claims on a No Win No Fee basis.
Request a callback
Independent reviews from our CLIENTS
I am writing to you personally to say thank you to Attwood's for a job well done with my recent claims. It initially started out as one claim, but eventually became a little more complicated when another was added following a review of my condition by one of your dental experts. Throughout the last couple of years as the claim has progressed I have been fully supported by your colleague Luke Taylor. I have thanked him personally for all the good work and support he gave me over the last couple of years, it was quite a journey for both of us but with the right outcome, but I just wanted to also highlight to yourself the good service and support he provided me with. It was very much needed and appreciated. He has always been very professional and the advice he has given has always been with real feeling and thought, and not the "just my job" attitude. Even when I was very wary of what to do next, he always explained it in simple terms for me understand and move forward. If I ever need similar help in the future, your company will be the first I contact. With my sincere appreciation and regards.
I contacted Attwood Solicitors requesting that they represent me. Their response to date has been way beyond my expectations . They have provided a comprehensive and professional service at every stage, with a dedicated member of staff as my contact.
All my queries and issues have been resolved very efficiently and you have always contacted me back when promised. I have certainty felt you have been acting on my behalf and would like to thank you for that. Once again we would like to convey our sincere thanks to you and would have no reservations recommending you to anyone else – you have been a star